SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sedo and Godaddy

Does anyone can explaine my what is different between Sedo and Godaddy to park domain there. I mean in Sedo is free but in godaddy you need to pay 4$ to park domain, do they sent some traffic to my site or just take my money

SitePoint Enthusiast WindowsHosting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

I have never park domains with godaddy, but the SEDO parking service is very good. You should check godaddy terms, but IMHO they just have fee for parking.

Regards
    Find Free ASP.NET hosting information and resources at http://www.windowshostingasp.net.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would anyone pay to park a domain name? You are supposed to MAKE money with parking not pay
    http://www.repossess.net
    Cheap domain names at closeout prices

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wofer View Post
    Does anyone can explaine my what is different between Sedo and Godaddy to park domain there. I mean in Sedo is free but in godaddy you need to pay 4$ to park domain, do they sent some traffic to my site or just take my money
    Usually people receive money for parking a domain, why pay?
    Many sites offer people the opportunity to make money parking their domains.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that`s what i was wondering, you suppose make money not to pay if they not offer to find traffic for you site and your key words, so godaddy domain parking program is really sock like them, i`ll ask in different post why i have to pay to buy or slee domains there

Quote Originally Posted by repossess View Post
    Why would anyone pay to park a domain name? You are supposed to MAKE money with parking not pay

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sedo is better.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    godaddy parking is a joke. it costs money and the pages are ugly. maybe try google now?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigenius View Post
    godaddy parking is a joke. it costs money and the pages are ugly. maybe try google now?
    yeah to try google is really good idea

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not heard many people who have done well with google
    http://www.repossess.net
    Cheap domain names at closeout prices

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are all right! Why pay GoDaddy when Sedo pays you.

I can't understand such scenario.

Ken Nwankwo

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sedo and Sedo Pro are much better than Go Daddy. It seems silly that a company would charge you to join a program where they make money off of your asset. Parked is very good too.

Certified Ethical Hacker silver trophybronze trophy dklynn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    WHY park a domain? USE IT!

Okay, a better question (apparently) is why park it somewhere other than with your own host ON your own website (as a parked domain) or in its own webspace (as an addon domain). At least you know it's free AND you can update with info (your own ads?) as you have the time.

NOW, back to the question of WHY park a domain!

Regards,

DK
    David K. Lynn - Data Koncepts is a long-time WebHostingBuzz (US/UK)
    Client and (unpaid) WHB Ambassador
    mod_rewrite Tutorial Article (setup, config, test & write
    mod_rewrite regex w/sample code) and Code Generator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might be not aware of the separated business and people which involved there are called full time domainers and they have a lot of domain names not to have web site there just to sell that in higher fees. And it might take up to several years for the domain name to be sold and not to lose the domain name and earn some money the parking service is used

Follow: @AlexDawsonUK silver trophybronze trophy AlexDawson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dklynn View Post
    WHY park a domain? USE IT!

Okay, a better question (apparently) is why park it somewhere other than with your own host ON your own website (as a parked domain) or in its own webspace (as an addon domain). At least you know it's free AND you can update with info (your own ads?) as you have the time.

NOW, back to the question of WHY park a domain!
    Well there is the obvious reasons, perhaps they want to protect the brand name for a product or service they are building and do not want to run the risk of losing a valuable domain for their services. Perhaps they want to buy the domain, let it get some offers (if itís a rare or valuable name) and want to resell it on. There are good reasons for parking a website.

As for hosting domains on your own website, I always register domains separately from my host because if I ever wanted to change hosts I could guarantee that unlocking and transferring loads of domains would be more hassle than simply changing the host and letting my domain registrar redirect all the domains elsewhere.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What of DomainExplorer.org? Has anyone used them before? Are they trustworthy?

What of their manual appraisal certificate? Is worth doing?

Thanks for your response.

Ken Nwankwo

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just signed up with this site looking for some ideas for my current domain name ( it's for sale ) and stumbled onto this thread. I didn't know about Sedo parking until now-- I think I'll try it. Thanks!

Programming Since 1978 silver trophybronze trophy felgall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexDawson View Post
    Well there is the obvious reasons, perhaps they want to protect the brand name for a product or service they are building and do not want to run the risk of losing a valuable domain for their services.
    That still doesn't stop them from parking the domain on their own hosting or using it as an add-on with their own ad page. If they have several domains they can even "park" them on the same add-on folder to use the same single ad page on their hosting for all their extra domains.

Parking on someone else's hosting just means that they are taking a cut of the advertising revenue. You should be able to earn more by using your own hosting for your parked domains than you'd get from any parking service - Sedo is in it for the money they can earn from your domain by taking a cut of the advertising income that you'd otherwise get.
    Stephen J Chapman

javascriptexample.net, Book Reviews, follow me on Twitter
    HTML Help, CSS Help, JavaScript Help, PHP/mySQL Help, blog
    <input name="html5" type="text" required pattern="^$">

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me tell you about my Godaddy experience so you don't make the same mistake. I have registered over a dozen domains with them over the years. Last week I got a message that changes had been made to my account. I immediately replied that I had not made any changes and called support. After two hours on the phone and many emails they refused to restore the domains that I had purchased unless I gave them a copy of my passport or my drivers license ID. I told them they must be crazy if they think I and going to trust them with more personal data after they allowed my account of seven years to be highjacked! The kicker is that all the domains now point to a Godaddy page with their ads on it. They offer cheap prices, but in my opinion they are a bunch of crooks.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Sedo is not better Sedo is best.