SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep getting asked for BIN when I did not set one.

I am new to selling sites. I have several high quality sites and obviously want to get as much out of them as I can. I posted my first one this morning and have received a lot of PMs asking for a BIN even though I did not set one. Is this typical? I assume its from people trying to also get it for the price they want.

I do even not want to set a BIN via PM to anyone because I do not want to jeopardize getting higher offers for my site if they are forthcoming. I have a lot of invested in these sites and feel they are valuable.

Your input please.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's normal. They'll also ask for your reserve even if you've specifically stated that the reserve is undisclosed. Not everybody reads properly. Just stick to your guns, it's entirely your decision whether to have a BIN or not.

Though the earnings for your site aren't as high as some others I think you've set a very reasonable starting bid. A better tactic may be to have no minimum start but to have a reserve or minimum price that you are obliged to complete the sale at.

Don't discourage the PMs, though, some of the best business happens in there

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks - you're right. Answer all questions.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitMedley Post View Post
    That's normal. They'll also ask for your reserve even if you've specifically stated that the reserve is undisclosed. Not everybody reads properly. Just stick to your guns, it's entirely your decision whether to have a BIN or not.

Though the earnings for your site aren't as high as some others I think you've set a very reasonable starting bid. A better tactic may be to have no minimum start but to have a reserve or minimum price that you are obliged to complete the sale at.

Don't discourage the PMs, though, some of the best business happens in there