SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A puzzle for you...

Hi folks

I have a bit of a conundrum, and I need the help of you highly skilled experts. Basically, I'm having someone develop a web application for me which automatically fills out forms on third party, partner web sites (as part of an affiliate programme). For each successful form completion, I get paid a commission.

Here's the problem...

For the commissions to register successfully, each form completion must come from a unique IP address - of course, because the forms are being completed automatically via my web site the IP address will always be mine.

Now, I'm a complete noob here, but what can I do? My developer has suggested proxies, however surely this will only provide a finite amount of IP's. He pointed me in the direction of this, but I'm not sure if this is totally relevant.

Any bright ideas?

✯✯✯ silver trophybronze trophy php_daemon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you saying you want to develop a system to send fake leads to CPA offers?
    Saul

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post

Any bright ideas?
    Research what kind of legal action you're bringing to yourself doing this.

Twitter: @AnthonySterling silver trophy AnthonySterling's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure there are a few threads already on here that indicate that this method is not possible, not to mention bringing in any ethical or legal implications.
    @AnthonySterling: I'm a PHP developer, a consultant for oopnorth.com and the organiser of @phpne, a PHP User Group covering the North-East of England.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Err...just to clarify, this is being done with the permission of the merchant, just the lack of an API. The leads are all real, the aim is to send out user information to several merchants at a time without having to fill out dozens of forms.