SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Wizard silver trophybronze trophy Cups's Avatar
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Offline manual .chm - iced?

I updated the .chm help file of my copy of the manual, only to find I'd lost the ability to incorporate the user notes - which is what I had before.

Then I noticed that the php_manual_notes.chm file I have is from Nov 2007, so I thought I'd try and find the latest one.

After some hunting around on the documentation area of the php site, it seems that they aren't being published as a .chm anymore.

I'm not the only one phased by this, which is a bit sad.

The user notes provided me with many revealing and valuable insights, and I miss them.

The upshot of this is that I now tend to favour using the online version, which means I am more likely to stay connected to the internet and therefore using up unnecessary resources and leaving my connection open to attack for longer periods.

So, does anyone have any answers?

Is there a more uptodate php_manual_notes.chm knocking around?
    and:
    Does anyone know how to interleave the php_manual.chm file with the user notes?

You'll be helping save the planet if you do.

(win32)

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the spirit of php...write a script to scrape php.net of the user comments

SitePoint Wizard silver trophybronze trophy Cups's Avatar
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You laugh - but that sounds pretty similar to as complicated as what was suggested here, the closest thing I could find (2002).

edit
    I kinda rubbed my eyes and thought, wow that so 2002 ... but maybe things have not moved on all that much?