I have some tabular data (like an address book) currently contained in a table, but the table is getting tooooo long.
Here's what I want to do:
1) I want a window with automatic scrollbars when the width or height of the table exceeds the dimensions of the window.
2) Obviously the next step is to be able to position the tabular data via the scrollbars.
3) This data is best viewed as a table, so that's how I want to appear.
4) I want to single-click in any row and select the whole row. The row selection must work like a radio button (i.e. only one row can be selected at any time) so that when a different row is selected, the previous row gets deselected.
5) Finally, just like in a Form, I'd like to press the Submit button and read each selected column from the $_POST array.
My idea on the selection process (step 4) is that when a row is clicked, each table row element could somehow be morphed into a Form textbox. Then when the submit button is pushed, the $_POST array will be filled automatically. But I can't figure out how to do the scrollable window.
Am I dreaming, or can this be accomplished using XHTML and PHP?