User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Outsourcing sales efforts and tracking leads

Hello everyone,

Over the past couple of years I've bought up a couple of sites, redeveloped them and improved the monetisaton. I'm now aiming to ramp up these efforts so that I can move full time to this occupation.

To that end, I'm looking to bring on external help with qualifying leads by reaching out to identified website owners and beginning the negotiation process (finding out their interest level and getting ahold of traffic/earnings data). I'm not a huge fan at performing this task and it seems to make sense to leverage other individuals who are experienced with sales and cost less that you value your own time. Has anyone else done this?

It's getting difficult to keep a grip on all the leads, the status of the negotiations and email exchanges with owners - so I'm also now considering creating my own bespoke CRM tool (or customising an open source product) to manage the whole process. Does anyone use CRM tools? If this product was made available to the community, would it interest people?

Love to hear your thoughts on this!

Thanks,
    Keith
    Keith Mander | KeithMander.com

SitePoint Co-founder Matt Mickiewicz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why reinvent the wheel? CRM.ZOHO.COM or SalesForce.com
    Matt Mickiewicz - Co-Founder
    SitePoint.com - Empowering Web Developers Since 1997
    Follow me on Twitter.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ultimately I think you're right - I should make use of a free/low-cost product, at least to begin with. In the longer run, the need for a custom solution may still warrant the investment.

I went for Zoho (and needed the pro plan), it'd cost $12/month. A tool would cost $1500 - over 10 years of subscription. Hard to really justify it at this stage.

Keith
    Keith Mander | KeithMander.com