SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    SitePoint Addict dr_dumb99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    304
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question Greek Letters are not showing on web page

    Hi!
    when I try to echo greek characters using a php script,the letters are not shown correctly. Iam using charset as UTF-8,what should I add to the script so it automatically selects the right encoding?

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    SitePoint Wizard
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,149
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Your file needs to be actually saved in UTF-8.
    2. PHP Code:
      header("Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8"); 

  3. #3
    SitePoint Addict dr_dumb99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    304
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Following is my PHP Code in "language.php" file

    When I save it in Dreamweaver , it gives me warning and on webpage, some ??????? signs appear.

    <?php
    $_textlink['aboutus'] = 'Σχετικά με Εμάς';
    $_textlink['allproducts'] = 'Όλα τα προϊόντα';
    $_textlink['myaccount'] = 'Ο Λογαριασμός Μου';
    $_textlink['contactus'] = 'Επικοινωνία';
    $_text['chooselanguage'] = 'Επιλέξτε γλώσσα';

    ?>
    Thanks

  4. #4
    SitePoint Addict dr_dumb99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    304
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi!
    Following is link:
    http://vibersol.com/sitesdemo/yuprint/

    - Change language to GREEK.
    - You will be able to see top bar is showing dumb characters.

  5. #5
    SitePoint Wizard
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,149
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to somehow make Dreamweaver save the file as UTF-8. I don't use Dreamweaver though, so I can't help you with that.

  6. #6
    SitePoint Member gadget_monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try using notepad...
    click save as then
    Just change the encoding to UTF-8
    see if it works.

  7. #7
    SitePoint Addict dr_dumb99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    304
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your guidance. I have changed default Encoding to 'Unicode(UTF-8)' in Dreamweaver and then saved file. It is working now.

    Thanks to all of you in solving my problem.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •