SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Jquery/Javascript not working in jsp file

I'm a jquery newbie and am trying to use it in a simple web application. This application has a controller servlet that forwards the request to a 'login.jsp' page by default. In the login.jsp page, I used Jquery for the hover effect on the submit button. It works absolutely fine if change the extension of the file to html. If it is changed back to jsp, it the javascript is not working. I see the following error in Firebug console:
    syntax error
    [Break on this error] <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"\n"
    ***Please see the attachments for the login.jsp and login.js files.***

I have the files 'login.jsp', 'login.js', 'jquery-1.3.2.min.js' under the webapps/QT/jsp/ folder. I think this might be a small problem, but am unable to fix it. Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong?

Thanks,
    poluris82
    Attached Files Attached Files

Programming Since 1978 silver trophybronze trophy felgall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Generally in these cases the HTML is being created differently from expected.

To be able to resolve any issues between the JavaScript and HTML you'd need to post the HTML that the JavaScript is interacting with. What the original JSP looks like that is generating that HTML doesn't matter. What file extensiopn the HTML uses shouldn't matter as long as it can be interpreted by the browser as HTML.
    Stephen J Chapman

javascriptexample.net, Book Reviews, follow me on Twitter
    HTML Help, CSS Help, JavaScript Help, PHP/mySQL Help, blog
    <input name="html5" type="text" required pattern="^$">