User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do I need a content management system or something different

Hi Everyone

Some years ago I offered to maintain the Village Website which is an online representation of Hagley Village News. The Village News is an A5 50 page job paid for by advertising and distributed free to over 2500 local homes by volunteers (like me).

32 local organisations have a page on the website and every month I update the content, so for instance this month the Flower Arranging Society have written a piece and I will cut and paste it laboriously into their page.

I tried to paste a link here to illustrate the problem I have, but sadly Sitepoint doesn't allow this any more. Maybe you would Google Hagley Community Association and select Clubs Schools and Associations from the menu.

This brings me to the question:

Is there a free to use content management system that will enable each club and association to access their page securely and update their own content?

Thank you for reading

Nick

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can experiment with free page(s) at http://owou.com , and if you want you can activate them to carry your free CB affiliate code for a very small charge. (Depending on the price of the offering - a CB commission is often half or more of the price of the offering - one commission could pay for many months of activated page.)

I hope that helps.

Rich

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ummm

I looked at owou and I don't think it's what I need. I envisaged code I would download, configure before uploading to the Associations site. I imagine each Society would have it's own password to access their page and the would simply cut and paste their text into a box and press the update button.

I suppose I could write this code but is there a wheel already invented? That's the question.

Nick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could probably massage something like joomla to do what you want.

Set up an account for each organization and give them access to edit their own pages.
    Add your logo to Pocket Folders.

#titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    WordPress would be easier to set up for this... Joomla seems a bit too sophisticated. WP admits various authors and if I remember well (and this is the only doubt I have) you can set it up so a "blogger" (or, in your case, an association) can only update their area, although I am sure that if WP doesn't do it by itself, there will be a plug-in to restrict access to other areas or you could program it yourself.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forward wordpress. There are many plugins available in the plugin directory that will restrict user permissions to certain areas of the website. Wordpress is becoming more and more like a sophisticated content management system.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wordpress is a well known content management system.Yes, there are cool plug ins but make sure you only intall plug ins that you really need.
    office space ortigas
    (+63) 2-703-5514

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    joomla it`s the best for you, you can select who can be writer and publisher