SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed, we have been extremely lucky this wasn't something worse and has so far turned out to be around the same mortality rate as averagely normal flu viruses, if it was something worse, Nature made or even a terror attack of bio-weapons, we would be in a world of **** right now, we would probably all be barricaded indoors or out raiding the stores from panic.

Anyway, you seem new, welcome to sitepoint.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must admit the days are running quite bad.
    Recession was already proving hard to live, and then came the swine flu virus.

Life is not life anymore, it have become hard to live..Be safe from swine flu.
    Watch out for general awareness about the virus on the internet.
    Hymoo.com - Create Revolution - Help Us Spread The Word!
    Latest Wallpapers

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes things are worsening for a great number of people globally these days.
    Even I have noticed the quality of life for me & friends deteriorate from the economic situation.

Anyway, got some petty useless leaflet advice from the UK today.
    I like how they point out the low grade masks handed out in some countries like mexico are worthless at best, but don't tell us it may be a good idea to have a high grade one at hand to limit the spread if it mutates, or a deadly mutation that's actually on a watch list of likely candidates for the cause of the next deadly pandemic, bio-terror attack or unseen deadly mutation occurs causing a deadly pandemic as if this unexpected but seemingly mild mutation is the absolute and only bio threat to us all right now and in the near future.
    But maybe that's just me thinking too much about the likely risks of real man & nature made threats occuring and the consistences of ignorance towards them.

It's here if anyone wants a look.
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Swineflu/DG_177831
    Link to leaflet for lazy people: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Swineflu...&Rendition=Web

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes swine flu has contributed on worsening the economy because some products especially meat definitely has decreases it's supply.

SitePoint Enthusiast icebreaker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although some countries are H1N1-virus-free, we cannot neglect the reality that 30 countries are officially reported affected with 5,251 cases of influenza A(H1N1) infection.

It's getting worse, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by geosite View Post
    I agree. Certain entities can indeed create such things, and there are commercial interests that aren't above launching stupendous stunts in an attempt to make more money. But this swine flu epidemic probably isn't an example of such a stunt.

I vote yours the best post on this thread. Horribly destructive disease epidemics have struck in the past, and only a fool would believe they can never happen again, just as some people still insist there could never be another Great Depression.

It all leaves me to ponder just what the limits of human stupidity are.
    Get Thousands of Real Visitors | Very Cheap Price!
    Fugazi To Launch Website Soon | For Your Information

King of Paralysis by Analysis bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icebreaker View Post
    Although some countries are H1N1-virus-free, we cannot neglect the reality that 30 countries are officially reported affected with 5,251 cases of influenza A(H1N1) infection.
    And the normal flu is reported in hundreds of countries... I'm amazed that this has only been found in 30 countries so far.

Geesh.

And no referral links in sigs btw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far not many people have it. But plenty have the fear, that'll keep the stock market and lending down. When (and i'm expected exponent growth to spread it everywhere though the summer and autumn), it gets to genuine epidemic stage, it will probably knock out travel, especially hoildays, schooling and shopping for non essentials), and yes deepen the recession. But with everyone hiding at home, it will probably increase internet usage.

King of Paralysis by Analysis bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by badams67 View Post
    But plenty have the fear, that'll keep the stock market and lending down.
    Yeah, it's done such a bang up job of keeping the stock market down so far, it's only up 40% in the last 5 months...

When (and i'm expected exponent growth to spread it everywhere though the summer and autumn), it gets to genuine epidemic stage, it will probably knock out travel, especially hoildays, schooling and shopping for non essentials), and yes deepen the recession. But with everyone hiding at home, it will probably increase internet usage.
    IF it continues to spread and IF it mutates into this killer epidemic then it will of course have an impact. But note the very large IFs there.