User Tag List

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to reach the "Real" Business People & Companies, please guide me

Hello,

Until today I used to lurk in the "Webmasters Forums" and offer my "Banner Design Services" but on the forums I have seen that people do not look much for quality but they want services for "cheap price". However I do equal quality work for all my clients.

But now I want to reach the "Real Business People/Companies" who "really" look for quality and they do not have any problem in paying for it.

Can you friends please advise me how and where to offer/promote my services? Should I submit my site to Business directories? if yes, what directories do you suggest?

I hope you understand my point. I have never done any promotion outside of webmasters forums and I don't know what other places are where good business companies go to hire designers.

I hope I get a good guidance here.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there's a lot to be said for a more "traditional" approach to marketing yourself. The clients you're hoping to attract are unlikely to lurk in webmasters forums and the like, and are more likely to use google to search for their requirements.

This means a more straight-forward set-up of your website and attracting targeted traffic to it. So you'll have to look into SEO and keyword targeting. Pay-per-click ads are a great way to attract meaningful traffic.

You can advertise your services on places like craigslist and gumtree, which get a lot of traffic. You also need to consider starting small and really seek out your audience. Do you have a local aspect to your service? You could post your services in local websites and newspapers, and build up from there.

Email campaigns and cold-calling are proven, if not popular, techniques - however as with all of these things, the more specific and targeted the advertising is to the audience, the more successful you're likely to be.

I realize I've been a bit vague, but hopefully these are a few points for you and other forum members to think about/discuss.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simmo_13 View Post
    I think there's a lot to be said for a more "traditional" approach to marketing yourself. The clients you're hoping to attract are unlikely to lurk in webmasters forums and the like, and are more likely to use google to search for their requirements.
    I do get traffic from search engines, My site is pretty good for some keywords, its coming at #3 for some keywords

And you are right, the good audience I am looking for doesn't come to webmasters forums

This means a more straight-forward set-up of your website and attracting targeted traffic to it. So you'll have to look into SEO and keyword targeting. Pay-per-click ads are a great way to attract meaningful traffic.
    I am going to try Google Adwords next month, is it good choice?

Do you have a local aspect to your service? You could post your services in local websites and newspapers, and build up from there.
    Yes, I will try that as well for sure, I want to market my site as a "Business" site and I am definitely going to invest money on it.

Thank you for your reply.