SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Multiple IP hosting...

Hello,

I am looking for a multiple IP hosting solution for our network of 10 sites. Ideally I'm hoping to find a host which will allow me to consolidate all of our sites within one control panel, but be able to offer each site to be hosted on a unique class-c IP so that we can enhance the benefit of inter-linking between sites.

If you can suggest a solution beyond www.seohosting.com that would be fantastic.
    Follow me on Twitter, or find me on LinkedIn. Latest project: loanpayday.org.uk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually I think seohosting is ideal for that... if you don't like them, then try seo-host.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is ideal, I already use them - just looking to spread my wings.
    Follow me on Twitter, or find me on LinkedIn. Latest project: loanpayday.org.uk.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can someone provide some feedback on seohosting? Do they really deliver? I mean, for SEO rankings? If so, I should take a look at them then.
    Last edited by r937; Apr 28, 2009 at 00:26.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Karl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the end of the day, Google can still easily work out if you're gaming them. Most likely the IPs from different "Class C" (sic) blocks are from the same larger block - so Google can easily spot that, plus they are announced to the world from the same network - again Google can spot that. Google also has access to WHOIS data, so they can do checks there as well i.e. Do the domains have any matching WHOIS details, are they registered at the same registrar etc. it all builds up in to a pretty clear picture in the end - It's pretty easy for them to work out if the sites are linked back to the same owners in the end if they are all with the same host.

As an aside, Class C addressing went out of use many many years ago, what you actually mean is IPs from separate /24s.
    Karl Austin :: Profile :: KDA Web Services Ltd.
    Business Web Hosting :: Managed Dedicated Hosting
    Call 0800 542 9764 today and ask how we can help your business grow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    At the end of the day, Google can still easily work out if you're gaming them. Most likely the IPs from different "Class C" (sic) blocks are from the same larger block - so Google can easily spot that, plus they are announced to the world from the same network - again Google can spot that. Google also has access to WHOIS data, so they can do checks there as well i.e. Do the domains have any matching WHOIS details, are they registered at the same registrar etc. it all builds up in to a pretty clear picture in the end - It's pretty easy for them to work out if the sites are linked back to the same owners in the end if they are all with the same host.

As an aside, Class C addressing went out of use many many years ago, what you actually mean is IPs from separate /24s.
    Agreed with you totally

----
    I found a good increase in my SERP of my websites when i tried getting a dedicated IP
    Hymoo.com - Create Revolution - Help Us Spread The Word!
    Latest Wallpapers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to clarify, I wasn't particually looking for a lesson in SEO - just some hosting options

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Karl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Hosting options is what you got, basically we've opened them up for you from a selected few hosts who are trying to cash in on mis-information (and using terms which haven't applied for many years) to the many more out there

Thanks,
    Karl Austin :: Profile :: KDA Web Services Ltd.
    Business Web Hosting :: Managed Dedicated Hosting
    Call 0800 542 9764 today and ask how we can help your business grow.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's correct. With IP v4 addresses getting exhausted, it will be literally tough for you to justify your usage for IP addresses to obtain dedicated IP address (aside from SSL purpose). And the hosts who do offer them without justification will charge you heavy for it!

- Rick
    Softsys Hosting - Windows Hosting Experts!!
    Latest Addition - Windows 2008 VPS (HyperV) with DotNetPanel
    Premium Windows Shared, Reseller & VPS Hosting
    99.9% uptime | Daily Backups | 24x7 Expert Technical Support

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hitmanuk2k View Post
    Just to clarify, I wasn't particually looking for a lesson in SEO - just some hosting options
    I assume that seohosting (actually part of hostgator) is what you need, but as far as I know they give max 5 IP different by C class

Cheers
    ASPnix Web Hosting - ASP.NET, MS SQL, AJAX, Hyper-V
    Microsoft Hosting and Virtualization

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rumsfo View Post
    I assume that seohosting (actually part of hostgator) is what you need, but as far as I know they give max 5 IP different by C class

Cheers
    At the same time he needs 10. So I believe you will need to have at list 3-4 companies with you. That is the only one technically possible way.
    But if you have several networks connected to the different topics so I believe that you'd feel better with 10 different web hosting providers.
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company since 1998
    Web Hosting, colocation,
    dedicated servers, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting