SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you guys think about...

Hey guys, question for you. How do you guys think a website like this would do. My idea is to start up a website that strictly links to online videos from youtube, google video, and the likes. The theme I would use would be

i33 tinypic com/25r0491 jpg
    replace the spaces with .

I just want to know how well a blog like this would do. Opinions?

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How well it does will be proportional to how much value you add for the visitors. If you're simply listing videos, don't expect repeat visits or visitors sharing your site (word of mouth, e-mails, links from their sites, etc.. which are the basis of organic growth). If you're aggregating videos on an interesting topic/theme and providing insightful/interesting/funny commentary that really adds something for the visitor, then success is more likely.

Just put yourself in your visitors' shoes at all points: Would I want to return to this site over searching/browsing videos elsewhere? Would I be so {emotion here} about what this blog adds to the videos that I would want to share it with others?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright Dan, you do bring up a valid point. I remember going to steakandcheese com a lot to view their videos, and now that I think about it, I do remember there being an opinions page, not just a video search. Thank you for your input!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah it would be best to pick a theme/niche and stick with it. Kinda like the recent fail pic internet meme (failblog dot org)

SitePoint Member EmpoweredCreator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also you could put different categories that would include different types of videos. ie, funny section, gross section, ect...

Those kinds of sites do well when they attract attention from all crowds so as it has something for everyone but don't go too broad. Just my opinion.
    Wanna Be the Best? Learn from the Best!
    Work from Home and Fire Your Boss!
    Make Money from Home Your Way

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you guys for all your tips, I really do appreciate it. I think I may end up adding this type of site onto my already established blog.