User Tag List

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Looking for a PHP/MySQL CMS...

Hi,

I've built a few lightweight "CMS"s in the past with PHP & MySQL, amateur affairs really, but am now on the lookout for one that I could possibly download from the net and ultimately add to.

Perfect world, it would be lightweight, modular and fairly secure, allowing me to add modules to it and customise the look.

I'd only need it for doing the following:

Add / Edit / Delete Pages
    Add / Edit / Delete News(could be a category of a Post)
    Add / Edit / Delete Special Events(same as above)
    Add / Edit / Delete Images for a Gallery

I've taken a good look around opensourcecms.com and like 1 or 2 there, but would prefer to stay away from the bulky chaps that are Drupal and Joomla! Is it worth trawling through the cmsmatrix.org site for ideas?

Thanks for any pointers,

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you considered WordPress? It's lightweight compared to Drupal/Joomla yet just as extensible, and with an even larger base of existing plugins, themes and support.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply Dan.

Wordpress is great, I've enjoyed working on it in past projects but had never really made an effort to 'extend' it too much. I should maybe looking into ways of doing this. I always thought it was fairly 'heavy' too, but the community is great.

Are there any others? I was hoping to find a fairly small-scale app that I could add to myself.
    I posted a CMS recently in the PHP forum but the code itself didn't get a great response heh That's why I'm hoping to use an existing one and then built on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have your also considered Interspire CMS I like the CMS for ease of use and setup, even though its paid version I think its got some kick to it.

Let us know what you think.
    Putting the web to work for You.
    http://www.ebbswebs.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a look at www.websitebaker.org - this less well known CMS packs a punch and is very flexible!

Konrad