User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Password protected pdf

hi to all,

i am using fpdf to create pdf dynamically.

is it possible to protected the pdf with password with fpdf (php)

if yes how i can do this

regards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To protect a PDF document, you need to apply a "Policy" to a PDF file you already have created. A Policy is a set of rights and restrictions. A Policy determines:

* The users you want to access a protected Adobe PDF document, and
    * The actions that the authorized users can perform on the document.

There are a number of predefined Policies that you can access using the Protect an Adobe PDF File service. You may also use the service to define your own customized Policies. A single Policy can be applied to any number of documents. All copies that any user makes of a protected Adobe PDF file remain protected and are governed by the same Policy.

It's easy to apply a Policy to a PDF document. Just select the Protect a PDF File link on the Protect an Adobe PDF File home page. You will then be able to choose a PDF file to protect and to specify the Policy you want to apply to it. Your PDF file will then be securely sent to Adobe where it will be encrypted and protected. The new protected Adobe PDF file is then sent back to you via email.

You acn also search for tools in web !

Programming Since 1978 silver trophybronze trophy felgall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stevejeff View Post
    It's easy to apply a Policy to a PDF document. Just select the Protect a PDF File link on the Protect an Adobe PDF File home page. You will then be able to choose a PDF file to protect and to specify the Policy you want to apply to it. Your PDF file will then be securely sent to Adobe where it will be encrypted and protected. The new protected Adobe PDF file is then sent back to you via email.
    That isn't going to work because the PDF is dynamically generated and therefore isn't available to load into anything to apply the protection and visitors are not going to wait while the generated PDF is automatically sent off to be protected before they can view it (page load times could end up being measured in days).

http://www.setasign.de/products/pdf-...-with-php.html is the only solution I have come across so far.
    Stephen J Chapman

javascriptexample.net, Book Reviews, follow me on Twitter
    HTML Help, CSS Help, JavaScript Help, PHP/mySQL Help, blog
    <input name="html5" type="text" required pattern="^$">