SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow How to look for sites that have been sold recently?

Hi all,

Please let me know how to look for sites that have been sold recently in Sitepoint to keep tab of the current trend to buy or sell websites..

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click on any marketplace category, and past the first 3 or 4 pages, you'll start seeing the completed auctions.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please let me know how to look for sites that have been sold recently in Sitepoint to keep tab of the current trend to buy or sell websites..
    There is very little useful information because Sitepoint doesn't seem to like providing it.

In Premium or Established sites if you go past the first page of listings you'll see more auctions that have completed. However, that's deceptive. A lot of those seemingly completed auctions have not been paid for or the buyer absconded - so you can't be sure what's really a sale and what isn't.

Then Sitepoint very cunningly deletes from the listing those auctions that didn't get a winning bid. This makes the listings look like all auctions have reached a sale when that's not the case at all.

If you know previous auction numbers (or URLs) you could still research them one by one but you don't so you can't.