User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Migrating from Dreamweaver

Hi,

I've been using Dreamweaver for web development, but am ready to begin moving towards Rails with Aptana. My question is, Is there a way to migrate/import my existing Dreamweaver websites into a Rails App? Would like to move to Ubuntu and will probably not bother trying to get Dreamweaver to run in Wine or a virtual box, so wondering if I can manage/edit my existing websites with Rails.

Thanks,

Veronica

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they work fine, just use the web editor in Aptana to edit the HTML. Only move them into Rails if you want for some reason to convert them into a database driven app, instead of static files.

If you use a lot of library items in your site, you might profit by moving to Rails and using partials for the library items.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was actually playing around with the web editor in Aptana last night, got my remote testing server and sql server settings done, still doesn't seem as seamless as Dreamweaver, but that may be because I don't know what I'm doing yet.

In any case, thanks for the advice, don't think I need to bother importing these to Rails.