SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

google Chrome download

I am contemplating downloading this,is it worth it and any problems with it???

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's Safari's rendering engine with a faster interface and faster JavaScript parser.

I haven't had any problems with it, and I like the ability to drag tabs out of one window into their own window on my other monitor.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google chrome is so fast and I haven't experienced any problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Grossman View Post
    It's Safari's rendering engine with a faster interface and faster JavaScript parser.

I haven't had any problems with it, and I like the ability to drag tabs out of one window into their own window on my other monitor.
    It's not quite that simple but you hit on some of the main points, it uses WebKit yes, so does Epiphany, and many many other apps, Safari now uses the SquirrelFish interpreter for JS where as chrome uses v8.

What you didn't mention are the security benefits which is odd considering what section this is posted in. It has sandboxing which is a good start, updated blacklists etc. it's pretty good on that front, I just can't be bothered to write greasemonkey scripts for every addon in FF that it would need to replace if I switched to chrome.

BTW Ivan do that with IE and FF as well as Safari and Opera, you will find vulnerabilities in all.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chrome's security? Never releases are likely more secure than older. Yes, you should upgrade. This was on security's behalf.

As for the performance (off topic), it's very good. Only Safari 4 beats it.