SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on my site, one popular item, albeit under used, is the lost pet log.

i have redone the lostpet page and it is now almost in compliance with the local animal shelter. they have a place for a photo and so i need to allow the posting party to paste a scan. when this is done i will be able to pull up a complete wanted poster for the missing pet.

i also want to be able to do a brief review of the content and eMail it to the shelter to assist the official filing process.

but right now i have a text area to post into and this is not working (so i assume i am wrong in using textarea).

all other data will post to the mysql with no problem.

the form is at http://www.noevalley.com/lostpet.php3

thanks in advance.

ed

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using a <INPUT TYPE=FILE> tag, you can let your visitors upload GIF/JPEG files to your server. A PHP script can process these submissions by copying the image files into a directory and storing their filenames in the database along with the rest of the data for each lost pet.

For a more complete description of this process and some sample PHP code, check out Part 10 of my series: Building a Database-Driven Web Site using PHP and MySQL.

------------------
    -Kevin Yank.
    http://www.SitePoint.com/
    Helping Small Business Grow Online!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi
    thanks kevin. i have the information and am working with it now. when i have it working, i will let you know.

initially, it looks as though i will have two submits. the first is all the text data, who, what where, how..... and then the graphic and additionally, a way to tie them togeather.

in this case i may have to have the gif / jpg with the same name as the pet and use that as a 1 to 1.

when i have it, can i share here?

thanks ed