SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Regarding Comments

Over the last few days I have noticed that I have received a few comments on my auction, most of which seem to always be negative and pointing to information that neither relates to my site or questions and comments that don't even make sense, its actually kind of comedic in a way

it's the internet finding information on a site is simple.

my question is do people often bash other auctions in order to gain attention for themselves and their auctions?

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's normal. You've got those curious about your business whose only interest is in setting up something similar for themselves. You get those who confuse auction threads with normal threads and they enter into a conversation to get questions answered that have no relation to the site for sale. But the worst are the tomato frogs - the ones who make comments way outside of the knowledge base to appear bigger than they are. They'll talk about the numerous big deals they've done or offer their opinion on the value of your site as if they are some sort of experts. Many of them are pathetic fools who should be pitied and then.... castrated.

By that same token, one can never rely on a seller to be telling the truth. Most of them lie about one thing or another. In fact, I notice that on almost every single listing. They also make false promises, shill bid, try to drive up the bidding by sending bidders PMs saying they've got "private" offers... and play no end of other games.

That's just the way the game is played.