User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this possible?

Hello,

I'm relatively new to PHP so please bear with me. I would like to have a search form on my website that allows users to perform a reverse phone search. When they submit the search I would like the value sent to reversephonedetective com, the search submitted, and my affiliate ID attached. Is this possible? Also, could you please rephrase my question with the proper jargon so I don't sound like a fool next time I ask.

Thanks!

Programming Team silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi serf, welcome to the forums.

If you go to that site's "affiliate" link in the index page's footer, you'll find the form you need. If you don't understand what you need to do, send an email to the address found on that page.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Mittineague! I should of been able to find that on my own! Any idea if this is also possible with MyLife.com? I see some other sites are doing what I'm looking to do, but I don't fully understand the expertise involved. Thanks again! I really appreciate it.

Programming Team silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's the old reunion website? AFAIK they used to have an affiliate program but it wasn't where the search was in a page, only where you could link to their site and if someone joined after following your link there, then you got a cut of the membership fee. I'm guessing it's the same arrangement, but the new mylife site may have changed this. I guess you could email them to find out for sure.

As far as getting the search form(s?) (and link?) into a page, all you would need is a simple web page. Although if you want visitors you should have some kind of content other than just the affiliate stuff to get them to visit. Do you have a server and domain name yet?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can us cURL and can be used as a form on your page and submits (action="") to the same page.

Then, if the form has been submitted, open a cURL connection to log into the other site and cURL can log in with your user name and password, post data and then read back the results which are displayed on your page.
    What I lack in acuracy I make up for in misteaks