Thread: Button Firefox

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Button Firefox

Hallo,

I often use the saved passwords of my Firefox browser to see and sometimes erase the passwords...only everytime I must go to Tools - Options - Safety - saved password.
    I was arguing if there is a way to insert a link in the toolbar to simplify and speed up this task.

Thank you and hallo to everyone.
    Last edited by ralph.m; Mar 23, 2011 at 07:18. Reason: removed fake sig

Programming Team silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Firefox is based on Mozilla. If you have the tech abilities you could try modifying yourself a custom toolbar. Mozilla uses XUL (a type of XML) and RDF files located in "profiles". I started working through an old tutorial a while back, but by the time I got two thirds into it there were so many bugs I couldn't continue and I gave up. And I haven't gotten back to it again, yet anyway.

I don't know how many problems were related to my using an old tutorial with a (then) newer version of Mozilla, and how many were due to my lack of knowledge and experience, but I'm almost 100% certain there's a way to do what you want.

In fact it may have already been done. It would be worth your time searching for an already existing extension.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed ... I am not very practical

thanks the same
    bye