SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what is a "statement of authorization to bid"?

I want to submit a proposal in response to an RFP. One of the terms is a "statement of authorization to bid". Anyone have experience with this? I am assuming it wants to know there is, among other things, no conflict of interests.

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The janitor at Microsoft isn't authorized to submit a proposal from Microsoft to an RFP. He is not authorized to bid. I would assume "statement of authorization to bid" is a statement showing you're authorized to make the bid in your proposal -- that you're authorized to make this proposal on behalf of your company/organization.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do mean the janitor is disallowed because he's unqualified or because he is an MS employee or both?

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mgm_03 View Post
    do mean the janitor is disallowed because he's unqualified or because he is an MS employee or both?
    I mean the janitor does not have the authority to commit the Microsoft corporation to any agreements. He is not an authorized agent of the corporation, like a CEO or such. The company making the RFP would not want to receive a proposal from Microsoft sent by its janitor, so they ask for a statement of authorization.

You can always ask the company what they want instead of guessing

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand. Thanks for explaining