SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would like to know how

I would like to build a site like this with the same features. How do i go about doing this? http://winnfm.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The quickest and easiest way to get this done would be to hire someone to do it for you. Instead of paying some company their large fees go to either Elance or Rentacoder and post your "job". Give a brief yet descriptive list of what you want including the url you are looking to duplicate.

I would suggest reading other posts to get an idea of the format. Hint: Designers and coders want to be able to guage how long it will take them to finish your product. If you are too vague or sound "high maintenance" then they may pass by you. Find the middle ground.

Otherwise, you would buy a program like Dreamweaver or Xsitepro and start learning to design websites.

Good Luck!
    Aaron

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skbcabey View Post
    I would like to build a site like this with the same features. How do i go about doing this? http://winnfm.com
    Joomla will easily make a site with all those features and more.
    a b c

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wordpress will easily make a site with all those features

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wordpress is for blogs.
    Is it easy to use it to build regular website?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd use wordpress. Great for Google SEO

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Building your on website can be fun but it takes a lot of effort and may not turn out how you envisioned it. I agree with the others wordpress is so flexible there is not much you cant do on a wordpress blog that you can do on a website.

Jamie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    to build that kind of website, i would recommend wordpress simply because you can easily get same functionality and the only maintenance would be to add contents.

you can also get tons of free professional templates on the internet which you can download and use. switching to that template is just a matter of few clicks.

joomla is an excellent choice when creating complex web sites but it is not as easy as wordpress.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to build a site like this with the same features. How do i go about doing this?
    Hi Sk

To create a website like these need to be very experience and wordpress or jomla will be a problem. I suggest u get some web designer to do it for u.It will save u a lot of time.

pat

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah,word press is for blog if you do really want to build a site you can either use joomla or PHP.^_^
    office space ortigas
    (+63) 2-703-5514

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Black Max's Avatar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not true about Wordpress. Although it isn't as full-featured as Drupal or Joomla, it is a very good CMS. It originated, I believe, as a blog platform, but it has expanded. It does require some PHP knowledge to really make it hum, though.

SitePoint Enthusiast icebreaker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wordpress can be used to create your for blog site. But if you like to create a forum site, you can ask someone to do it for you.
    Get Thousands of Real Visitors | Very Cheap Price!
    Fugazi To Launch Website Soon | For Your Information

#titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    WordPress has a plug in to add a forum (I don't remember the name now) although maybe for vBullentin for that should be better as it is a forum platform.

It will take a bit of changes here and there, but wordPress should do fine. I hope that the design will be better though. I personally don't like how this site looks.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Wordpress theme that essentially turns your blog into a forum. Comments posted on the blog are in forum reply format so, visitors can have their own entry in response to the blog post. Blog posts are listed by the last comment date. This theme currently is using an external plugin called TDO Mini Forms.