Thread: buying traffic

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

buying traffic

Hello everyone,

I am in need for traffic for branding purposes only and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with sites selling large amounts of clicks very cheaply? I'm thinking of sites like those that advertise 200,000 visitors for $99.95, that sort of thing..I'm just looking for one of those that actually works; As mentioned; the quality of the traffic is not important, quantity is what I'm after. My site has a popup so that must be allowed.

Thanks

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will find that most of those Guaranteed Visitor programs will not allow pop ups. This is because they serve your site to visitors within a full screen popup. Even though they are serving them via pop up theyt don't want another pop up it seems. $99 for 250,000 visitors is very cheap even for somen of the dodgy programs. Prices I have seen are about $99 for 10,000 visitors.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    advisor edit

advertising not allowed.
    Last edited by aspen; May 29, 2002 at 09:27.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Research how they suply those visitors.... Popups are no good, when is the last time you read a popup ad?
    Golf Outings? OutingCaddy.com
    Organize - Invite - Create Free website for your golf outing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need traffic?

One site that will allow the pop-ups that I know of is www.site-hit.com Not as cheap as you are looking for but should work!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure if this is the best way to build brand awareness... The best way would be to advertise in magazines or with huge banner ads at the top of SPF or at relevant web portals. Though this might cost quite a fair bit...

IMO, if you are just purchasing tons of hits to your website, most people will not even glance at it. I've seen tons of popups before and I honestly do not remember any of them. Why? because I close the windows as soon as they open and I'm sure most people do that...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Hmmmm.....

I would say most prices that sound too cheap won't provide either quality or actual quantity.
    Or the quantity won't be worth it.

As an advertiser the 1st thing I'd do is order an affordable amount so if 99$ is affordable to you to test then go ahead or order a lower package & see if the visitors make a sssslight difference ; )

PS : Also check site in sig.
    Best wishes.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Targeted Pay for Clicks Traffic

Targeted Pay for Clicks Traffic

If you want low cost traffic that still has some value please check out the methods I use at

http://www.solutions.ukdots.com

Central, PA - originally from Monterey, CA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about google's adword program or overtures pay per click program?

I have heard they are great.

https://adwords.google.com/select/main

http://www.overture.com/d/USm/about/...ays_home.jhtml

I also found this site's review on Overture:

http://www.payperclickanalyst.com/overture.htm

You may also find reviews of other programs.

best regards,
    worksdev

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: buying traffic

Originally posted by pavlovmb
    Hello everyone,

I am in need for traffic for branding purposes only and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with sites selling large amounts of clicks very cheaply? I'm thinking of sites like those that advertise 200,000 visitors for $99.95, that sort of thing..I'm just looking for one of those that actually works; As mentioned; the quality of the traffic is not important, quantity is what I'm after. My site has a popup so that must be allowed.

Thanks
    How do you brand to an unknown audience??
    A majority of those traffic prob wouldn't be unique and may come from third world nations ... there are alot of dub deals out there .. be careful!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use to sell these "guaranteed visitors" and your best bet is to stay away form them, I had several customers and only one got a decent clickthrough rate. As mentioned ina earlier post about 95% of the traffic comes from asian countries, while the traffic I sold was US based it did not make a huge difference because the quality of the sites "popping" the ads where so low. If you are going to use guaranteed visitors find a single site and stay away from sellers, it is also worth your time and money to havea ad that loads extremly fast and prompts them to clickthrough, your clickthrough rate will rise or fall directly with the load time of your ad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is my take on the whole targeted hits thing. If your site sells a product that an everyday person would buy (i.e. Cars, electronics, posters, etc.) then I think targeted hits are not that important.

A good example is the grocery store. The reason there is so much stuff at the checkout (i.e. candy, mags, etc) is for an impulse buy. It is also a little targeted for kids, but how many people do you know that grab something from these sections. These are some times just as successful or more then the whole "targeted hits".

Now if you were trying to sell web hosting, targeted hits would be more what you are looking for. Because not your everyday person would purchase web hosting. I think it all depends on what your selling.... having a site that sells these kinds of hits i'm somewhat bias.

Even many targeted hit sites you still have to watch out for because some are incentive based or are scams. I myself have been taken by a few. Now overture is a rip off with paying up to $8.00 per click on some keywords. Targeted hits are very important don't get me wrong but some non targeted traffic can work many of the times as well.
    Golf Outings? OutingCaddy.com
    Organize - Invite - Create Free website for your golf outing!