SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

php and ajax help

hello I'm stucked with a php-ajax assignment. Here's the idea.

a table of customer (customer_id, name, address, city, state, country) which has a huge records of it.

Now in the search area on the admin panel to update a customer information, there's a search box and when you entered a keyword, it will show you results. However id like the result to be place in a set of form fields using ajax. I'm using the jquery as my js framework. Can anyone tell me what to do?

any help is highly appreciated.

regards
    Ebay API, OSC/CRE/OscMax/ZenCart/SEO Services
    Lucki Multimedia - Email

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a look at the jQuery auto-complete plug-in(demo). It will query your web server for the list of customers using the keyword entered. So, you don't need to get the complete list of customers. When Users selects a result/record, display the record details in the form where you would like to display the user details.

Hope this helps you.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArunB View Post
    Have a look at the jQuery auto-complete plug-in(demo). It will query your web server for the list of customers using the keyword entered. So, you don't need to get the complete list of customers. When Users selects a result/record, display the record details in the form where you would like to display the user details.

Hope this helps you.
    This is a cool tool, but careful about the load its going to put on MySQL DB, consider incorporating query caching with this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I forgot to mention that. Please take a look at the documentation first.