User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dedicated SMTP server for sending mass mailouts

Hi all.

I have a website with a 70,000 user email subscriber database. we currently send all emails from a dedicated mail server sitting in our office. its very old, unreliable and our emails are constantly going to peoples junk.

i've looked into things like campaign monitor, which looks great, but our custom made email system is already in place and all we really need is a dedicated and safe smtp server to use for the actual sending of the mail.

i've looked at things like SMTP2go which i have used when overseas and works great, but i'm looking for something more designed for sending of mass mailouts, as well as the day-to-day emails sent from the site (signup confirmations, forgotten password reminders, etc)

Looking forward to getting some feedback from people as to what is the best way to go...

Thanks in advance everyone & happy easter.

SitePoint Enthusiast Gerald Winter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would go with aweber or getresponse.

I think getresponse would be easier to set up, where aweber is not easy to import an existing list.
    Gerald Winter
    Tips from Mr Bigcheck to make your check Bigger
    Save money on all inclusive vacation packages

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Winter View Post
    I would go with aweber or getresponse.

I think getresponse would be easier to set up, where aweber is not easy to import an existing list.
    These just look like Campaign Monitor competitors whereas i am looking for something that will just give me an SMTP server to use so that we can continue using our existing custom email system and dont need to import our customer database into one of these other sites...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm. That is a problem. Because you need to have the permission from the company to do that. I would recommend you look through the providers and discuss that. If you know the same bulk sending services - look at the places they are hosted on. Maybe you will find seat there (the same hosting ) for you as well.
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company since 1998
    Web Hosting, colocation,
    dedicated servers, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting