User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help - "Reported Attack Site"

I hope someone can help.

Two of my sites have been listed by google as "Reported Attack Sites" - namely dog-supplies-directory (co.uk) and kimbas-dog-links (co.uk)

Having reviewed all the guidance I can find I still cannot find the source of the problem. They are very straightforward directory sites with no downloads etc.

The diagnostic report says that malicious software is hosted on one domain and gives the IP address but when you click this IP address the websites listed are nothing to do with me. And then lists a network.. again when I click on this - the sites listed have nothing to do with me.

So I was wondering whether the problem is on the server rather than my websites? Could this be the case?

Interestingly I have just found out that the server (where both websites are) has been upgraded in the last 24 hours.

I would be very interested to hear any thoughts anyone has!

Many thanks.

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is malicious code on your website. View the source in a browser and you'll see the obfuscated JavaScript at the end of the page, which when decoded, points the browser to download code from the IP address Google told you about.

Until you remove the malicious code from your site, AND figure out how your site was compromised to get it there, the warning is appropriate and protecting the public. Right now your sites are dangerous to visit. The code's right on the homepage.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much for looking at this for me. But I am a little confused. I have just looked at the code and it is the Google Analytics tracking code. I thought maybe it had been tampered with so I have just got fresh code from Google Analytics which appears to be identical. Any thoughts???

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm talking about the JavaScript that appears after the </html> tag. It's not from Google.