SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry What is going on here, is Webmaster World corrupt or what? (regarding Google message)

I wrote a sincere message about a webmaster issue here: webmasterworld -> webmaster -> 3888810 . htm

It contained some potentially critique on Google (Health), and it was removed shortly.

Why?

I didn't receive a PM or whatsoever, to inform me about why the post was removed. And the post was truly honest and not accusing Google, but just asking some questions related to a webmaster issue of a friend.

Does anyone have an idea what might be going on there?

SQL Consultant gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    no

maybe you broke one of their posting rules

why don't you ask over there?
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL
    "giving out my real stuffs"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, you must have broken a posting rule. I'd suggest you read the guidelines. We haven't seen your post so it's pointless asking us. You should ask the people at webmasterworld.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I will try that. I already tried posting a new topic about the issue however, asking what is going on, but it was removed without further notice also.

So I presumed there was nothing to talk about, since if something should be fixed in the post, they probably would have sent me a PM.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poiesis01 View Post
    Yeah, you must have broken a posting rule. I'd suggest you read the guidelines. We haven't seen your post so it's pointless asking us. You should ask the people at webmasterworld.
    Well, maybe it was known that they do this with (potentially) negative messages on Google. Sure, it wouldn't matter much if they did. But this topic may serve in that case to getting people more aware about it, also regarding Google.

I am not really trusting their Google Health service, when it moves to an advisory platform. Public Health shouldn't lay in the hands of a company is what I believe (in general), and Google is - despite their credo Do No Evil - just a company, that needs to survive (financially).

Will they prefer 10 billion legal pharmaceutical dollars, or serve people better? I don't know.

This was in essence that I asked questions about in the message, and went deeper into.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know how I should contact a moderator? I have searched a bit, I only found the e-mail address of the owner at PubCon -dot- com.

SQL Consultant gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    why don't you ask over there?
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL
    "giving out my real stuffs"