SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to disable FireBug more specifically?

So, I want to have FB enabled on localhost/somesite, but disabled on
    localhost/anothersite for example, is there any way of achieving this?

Follow: @AlexDawsonUK silver trophybronze trophy AlexDawson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not unless you wrote an add-on for the firebug framework to achieve this directly. Though I have absolutely no idea why you would ever want to disable firebug in preference to just turning it on and off as you need it.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexDawson View Post
    Not unless you wrote an add-on for the firebug framework to achieve this directly. Though I have absolutely no idea why you would ever want to disable firebug in preference to just turning it on and off as you need it.
    We've got an internal EXT (which is really slow with FB) app we work with and I often need to use it for small task, I can't turn FB on and off each time like this...

. shoooo... silver trophy logic_earth's Avatar
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not use different domains for each one of your projects/sites? Developing everything from a single point (localhost domain) IMO, is going about it the wrong way. I have a central site for testing snipplets of code at sandbox.loc, other sites and projects are given there own domain with a suffix .loc. Isolation/Seperation of sites.

localhost/somesite == Bad setup, IMHO.
    Logic without the fatal effects.
    All code snippets are licensed under WTFPL.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by logic_earth View Post
    Why not use different domains for each one of your projects/sites? Developing everything from a single point (localhost domain) IMO, is going about it the wrong way. I have a central site for testing snipplets of code at sandbox.loc, other sites and projects are given there own domain with a suffix .loc. Isolation/Seperation of sites.

localhost/somesite == Bad setup, IMHO.
    Hmm, never thought of that... The current solution has worked perfectly fine so far though.

But I must agree it's not the most ideal method (localhost/sitename). Let me do some Googling, I'd like to figure out how to setup localhost, on apache and IIS, the way you just explained.

Cheers