User Tag List

Thread: PayPal Alert

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PayPal Alert

Got a message from PayPal, telling me that someone had accessed my account and they put my account in the limited access mode. I first thought it was a phishing scam. But when I log into the real paypal site, my account was limited. PayPal asked me to reset my password and select a list of security questions.

Has anyone received something like this? I was wondering if someone really accessed my account or PayPal wanted to force me to change password. No activity was reported in my account.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There could be a possibility of somebody accessing your account or chances are that you might have made few unsuccessful login attempts at PP. But do not worry. Reset your password and submit the security questions as suggested by PP. The situation will automatically get sorted out.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not faced with a situation like this with paypal but I had it with moneybookers where I have forgotten the password and I did it some two times and I got a email from them that such an attempt has been made on your MB a/c and its from this IP . They have a good security system in place.