User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Background Color Stretch - Need specific help with code. Cannot find error

Hello all,

At one point in time, I had this working. I am sure that I just erased something and that is why it is not working. The issue is that I checked everything and all seems to be there. I have followed all rules that I know about CSS and cannot find this answer. Please help.

http://www.scrfix.com/mediainterviews.php
    Use Internet Explorer 7.
    I want the background to stretch all the way to the bottom of the the table it is enclosed in.

I have ensured that all tables and DIVs that are containing this item have (or at least while I attempted to work with this) a 100% height or min-height.

Can someone please review my code and point me in the correct direction?

Thank You,

Wayne

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Add repeat-y onto the end or the line where you added your background images, just before the semi-colon.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dgroves,

This is not an image. This is a color. I am not concerned with the background not repeating. It is the stretch I need help with.

http://www.scrfix.com/mediainterviews.php

I don't want to put it up as a URL however I have a much easier page to work with that I actually have the stretch working in IE7 however it does not work in Safari, Opera, Flock, Google Chrome (it starts to work and then reduces itself), Firefox, etc etc.

If you go to the above website and just change mediainterviews.php to template.php.

If you go there, in the left column, you will see the column stretches all the way to the bottom however the inner column which has the dashed border does not. That only goes to underneath the text. I need that to go to the bottom of the page.

I cannot find the error. I have been looking for days.

Wayne
    Last edited by SpectacularStuff; Apr 3, 2009 at 08:39.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I can see it appears that their is not problem with the colour it's self, or the table cell but the DIV inside (I assume that this is what you mean, it's the only part that I found to be different in IE over MF).

Have you tried:

Code CSS:
    #twocolleft {
        height: 100%;
    }

rather than just telling the cell to be 100% high?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scratch what I just wrote. I just did what you suggested and it worked. Thanks. That was the problem in all other browsers.

Wayne