SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Fixed lenght of blog posts

I would like the length of all my posts to be the same so that they are all lined up. How do I do that please?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You say so they are all lined up...

Are you talking about width and being lined up vertically?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am talking about the length. I would like to show you my blog but since I am new on the forum I am not allowed to do so.

I am using the Equilibrium wordpress template. Basically my blog has 3 columns. Each column has an image and text below. Some features are long, others are short. Below each feature there is a link Continue Reading. I would like that link to be in the same spot for all 3 columns.

Thank you.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can insert an "Read more " to contain longer posts. Using this you can keep same length for all posts.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh okay.

Sorry, I was not aware of what template you were using, now that makes more sense.

As the person above was saying. There are codes or "more" codes they are called that you can place in your blog post that allow the wordpress to stop the article on the home page at that point, and make the users click to go to the main article to read the entire thing.

Google "wordpress read more code" and you should be able to find what you are looking for.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info.

This is a copy of the code in the index file of my template. I was actually hoping I could add something in so that the Continue Reading always stops in the same spot for all 3 columns. If that is not possible, I guess I will just need to remove the below coding and add <!--more--> in my individual blogposts.

<div class="postMeta-featured"><span class="date"><?php the_time('F j, Y') ?></span><span class="comments"><?php comments_popup_link('0', '1', '%'); ?></span></div> <div class="clear"></div>
    <div class="featured-content">
    <?php the_excerpt(); ?>
    <p class="moretext"><a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>">Continue Reading...</a></p>

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by micadz View Post
    Thanks for the info.

This is a copy of the code in the index file of my template. I was actually hoping I could add something in so that the Continue Reading always stops in the same spot for all 3 columns. If that is not possible, I guess I will just need to remove the below coding and add <!--more--> in my individual blogposts.

<div class="postMeta-featured"><span class="date"><?php the_time('F j, Y') ?></span><span class="comments"><?php comments_popup_link('0', '1', '%'); ?></span></div> <div class="clear"></div>
    <div class="featured-content">
    <?php the_excerpt(); ?>
    <p class="moretext"><a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>">Continue Reading...</a></p>
    I think you looking for an automatic "Read more" in all of your posts. Am I right? If so i will not recommend this because in future you may change your theme or some thing else.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually the code which I copied above is part of my wordpress template. All I want is for the Continue Reading to be in the same spot for all my blogposts, irrespective the length of the blogpost. Any solution? If you look at my blog under featured, you will see what I mean. http://commonpeople.sg/
    The text in the middle is shorter, so the "Continue Reading' is in a different spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can change the length of the excerpts to make 'em all the same size http://chrismeller.com/2007/06/chang...t-in-wordpress

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your help.