SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast Marcellpurham's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wordpress theme trouble

Ok I am trying to design a custom wordpress theme and I have the css/html completed but I am having trouble converting it to a wordpress theme. I am using the blank starker template. Is there any good tutorials on converting XHTML/CSS TO WORDPRESS THEME... If someone cold please help me find one I would really appreciate it.

Note: i have look at chris coyier tutorials(didnt really help me)

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't really "convert" an HTML template to a Wordpress theme. You need to start with the most basic Wordpress theme you can find and build your HTML around that, 1 template file at a time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by corbyboy View Post
    You can't really "convert" an HTML template to a Wordpress theme. You need to start with the most basic Wordpress theme you can find and build your HTML around that, 1 template file at a time.
    yes you can...You break you html code down into pieces and add it to the wordpress theme....I just can figure out where some of the markup goes

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcellpurham View Post
    yes you can...You break you html code down into pieces and add it to the wordpress theme....I just can figure out where some of the markup goes
    Perhaps we are just arguing over semantics here but the description you posted was pretty much identical to what I posted.

You said "break you html code down into pieces and add it to the wordpress theme" and I said "start with the most basic Wordpress theme you can find and build your HTML around that."

Are there some specific bits you are struggling with? this tutorial is a pretty good, detailed guide to getting started.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by corbyboy View Post
    Perhaps we are just arguing over semantics here but the description you posted was pretty much identical to what I posted.

You said "break you html code down into pieces and add it to the wordpress theme" and I said "start with the most basic Wordpress theme you can find and build your HTML around that."

Are there some specific bits you are struggling with? this tutorial is a pretty good, detailed guide to getting started.
    Yes I am struggling on where to place my code...I will just try my best in try to work with it...I know you have tried to help me in I really do appreciate that. also that tutorial is good but at the end he sort of just says put this here in this there....I will keep readin gover it until I get it...thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not look at an existing template as an example and see where they put their code? It may help understand the "put this there in this there" bits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poiesis01 View Post
    Why not look at an existing template as an example and see where they put their code? It may help understand the "put this there in this there" bits.
    ok I will try it out!