User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dot com boom back?

Hey all...

about 5 years ago I built a few sites and sold them without a problem. The bubble burst and the net was flooded with turnkey sites for $30.

Just having a browse through site point at whats for sale and either I am understanding the site wrong or people are still selling bad sites for big money?

for example auctions 59550 went for over $60,000 yet the comments on the page are full of people complaining about the price.

or auctions 53373 over $70,000 ???????? the site claims to make min of $1000 a day...if it made $1000 every single day selling a few products you can pickup on ebay for 90% cheaper why would you be wanting to sell it?

A lot of the sites which have been won for a lot of money seem to be run down or look to be sites which as soon as you take over them they will fall apart or you will find out it's not going to make any money.

My question is are these sites really being sold nearly every day on here for this sort of money?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt the boom ever returns at least at the same level. Not sure if these are legit or not though.
    JaguarPC.com
    Over 10 Years of Web Hosting Experience
    Shared, Reseller, VPS, Dedicated Servers and More

Theoretical Physics Student bronze trophy Jake Arkinstall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course.

if it made $1000 every single day selling a few products you can pickup on ebay for 90% cheaper why would you be wanting to sell it?
    Irrelevent - It's still making $1000 per day, so assuming its stable then you'll get your money back in 70 days. Not a bad investment...
    Jake Arkinstall
    "Sometimes you don't need to reinvent the wheel;
    Sometimes its enough to make that wheel more rounded"-Molona