0 Thread(s)

Unhappy can anybpdy tell me how to install ie6 in vista

can anybody tell me can we install ie6 in vista

Follow: @AlexDawsonUK silver trophybronze trophy AlexDawson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you want to test websites in Vista using IE6 you either want to take the Virtual Machine route (using something like VMware) or you would want to install a product which uses the rendering engines of older browsers like IETester or Multiple_IE's from Tredosoft.

http://www.my-debugbar.com/wiki/IETester/HomePage (This one I would recommend over the other)

http://tredosoft.com/Multiple_IE

Programming Since 1978 silver trophybronze trophy felgall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Stephen J Chapman

javascriptexample.net, Book Reviews, follow me on Twitter
    HTML Help, CSS Help, JavaScript Help, PHP/mySQL Help, blog
    <input name="html5" type="text" required pattern="^$">

. shoooo... silver trophy logic_earth's Avatar
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexDawson View Post
    ...install a product which uses the rendering engines of older browsers like IETester or Multiple_IE's from Tredosoft.
    Multiple IEs doesn't work on Windows Vista nor would I recommend it for anything beyond scoping out the layout differences.

Also forgot to mention SuperPreview thats currently in beta.
    http://www.sitepoint.com/blogs/2009/...ebsite-tester/
    Logic without the fatal effects.
    All code snippets are licensed under WTFPL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    logic_earth, I do not usually recommend it either for the sake of its lack of recent updates and its many bugs however I included it purely for the sake of references. Why you would want to use SuperPreview which is an incredible 250mb thick file when you could use IETester which is microscopic in size comparison and actually works extremely well I am unaware. Unless this Microsoft expression product has better rendering for individual sandboxed JavaScript browser environments which is the one thing none of the current “muti-IE” products can test effectively currently at this stage.

. shoooo... silver trophy logic_earth's Avatar
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexDawson View Post
    logic_earth, I do not usually recommend it either for...however I included it purely for the sake of references.
    If you are merely including that for sack of refrence then why exclude SuperPreview?

Why you would want to use SuperPreview which is an incredible 250mb thick file when you could use IETester which is microscopic in size comparison and actually works extremely well I am unaware.
    Hard to say at this moment, IE Tester and SuperPreview do offer the same rendering engines. However, the final version of SuperPreview will support multiple browsers, not just IE. That in of itself is worth mentioning. SuperPreview also does more then just show multiple renderings of a page.

I personally use virtual machines for my testing. From IE, Firefox, Opera, and Safari with others on the way shortly.
    Logic without the fatal effects.
    All code snippets are licensed under WTFPL.

Programming Since 1978 silver trophybronze trophy felgall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The multi-IE products such as IEtester rely on the browser being able to install the particular versions of IE in the first place. You can't install IE6 on Vista and so that is not an option there. You need an earlier Windows operating system to be able to run IE6 at all which makes the Virtual PC option the simplest one because that has a prepackaged XP/IE6 image from Microsoft to save your having to install anything apart from Virutal PC itself.
    Stephen J Chapman

javascriptexample.net, Book Reviews, follow me on Twitter
    HTML Help, CSS Help, JavaScript Help, PHP/mySQL Help, blog
    <input name="html5" type="text" required pattern="^$">

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Felgall, perhaps you should actually try using the product before you come out with such factually inaccurate comments. IETester does not rely on being able to install the browsers at all, it copies the libraries and files such as the DLL’s IE is packaged with (for each independant version), and then uses those (copied to the installation directory in seperate folders to avoid conflicts) to render the webpage using the ActiveX component. And I should point out that not only is IETester extremely easy to install and use, it works flawlessly on Vista and has highly accurate rendering of pages (according to the engine)... Including IE6.