User Tag List

Thread: Table mystery

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Table mystery

I'm building a little four page site for a local candidate which is presently parked at http://www.tweedspub.com/amorello for viewing purposes. At the bottom of each page is a blue table which spans the page and contains the footer text. On the page http://www.tweedspub.com/amorello/volunteer.shtml the table does NOT span the width of the page. For the life of me I can't figure out why. I've been staring at this for awhile now. I keep putting it down and picking it up but it's not changing on it's own and I can't see what I'm doing wrong.

Any ideas?
    "Living life in the fun lane!"

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on the page with the problem

there are three nested tables containg the main part of the page - but only two are closed before the footer table is started.

...so add another </td></tr></table> before you open the footer table and this should sort things out.

...but also an extra </body> tag seems to have crept in the right above the first <table> tag, and an extra </html> tag seems to have snuck in at the bottom.

I find it useful to add comments when I open and close tables, if using a nested table layout, e.g
    Code:
    <!-- start table 1 -->
    <!-- start table 2 -->
    <!-- end table 2 -->
    <!-- end table 1 -->
    as it helps keep track of what's going on.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by martm
    on the page with the problem

there are three nested tables containg the main part of the page - but only two are closed before the footer table is started.

...so add another </td></tr></table> before you open the footer table and this should sort things out.
    Actually only one table was closed! Your suggestion was a good one. I implemented it. That's how I noticed that only one table was closed! This is what happens when I cut and paste in a rush to get something done.

Thanks a bunch.
    "Living life in the fun lane!"