SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bad experience with a real estate script, need a solution please !

Hi
    I have read a lot on this forum about real estate scripts. I have looked into many ones before deciding. I did bought PG REAL ESTATE as it looked to be the best choice.
    My bad experience is :
    - never got the french version as supposed to.
    - all made in tables
    - this is totaly a DATING website that was transformed into real estate. (really, they even ask in profil if you are bisexual, go see their demo if you dont believe me)
    - it is so wrongly made that when you remove a part of code, you need to go and do it in many places even for super simple things.
    - even with the real estate script you still have dating codes in some places
    - the way visitors can subscribed and pay is totaly dumb - still is it for dating people maded !
    - the control panel is one-user-acces-only (that I can deal with even if not the best), and managing the site from there is totaly a mess again, super badly divided sections.
    - working the templates is a big mess and they wont give you any documents on it because they want you to buy a affiliated-sold Monster template that they will modify for you and then ad to your site.

This script is based on the communications between members. You pay if you want to be allowed to chat another one (who cares). Seems impossible to create deals like : 1 ad with 1 photo = 0$. 5 ads with illimted photos = 20$. etc... wich is having x ads / x photos / x times diplay. This is not doable !!

Now, if someone here really as done something cool with PG, please let me know because every member here that I saw writing "good script" about it are probably PG workers...

Since I have bought thier biggest package, open source with add-ons at 1200$usd, my budget is f*cked now. Do you have any idea of a good solution to turn this situation around and either :
    - start over with a super good Real estate script other than this one
    - or hire someone who got to mabage this pgrealestate problems

?

(what I look to is take a estate script and change it to a land/lot script... super easy)

King of Paralysis by Analysis bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never even heard of this script, I'm sure most of the people on here would have recommended OpenRealty to you.

Is it too late to get a refund? Did you not try a demo before shelling out $1200?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My researches were based on here and on Digital Point Forum and google. But now i think their were probably the ones that were talking good about that script themselves.
    I SAY NO - Do not buy that Russian Dating script !!

@phpscriptshop, do you have any link to show me ?

ps : After a big talk with my programmer, we will probably write everything ourselves from scratch (and forget all this losen time and losen money !@#$%?&*!!!). After 1200$ for opensource + addons, I will try as hard as possible to get my moneyback, believe me !!! We do believe they have use some kind of program that could serve to rewrite badly a script to make sure no one have an easy way to modifiy it, if this method exist, they've done it for sure !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you contact the recommenders of this script via the forum/s and ask for a 'Please Explain'. You do get a lot of this on the forums, people setting up a new account to give a self appraisal or promote their product. Always be wary of recommendations from posters with only several posts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I learned this the hard way. Being a newbie I got screwed pretty good on a script similar to this one. Make sure the dude has some good posts before you buy into their crap.
    BE YOUR OWN CONFUCIUS!
    fortune cookies
    fortune cookie

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks guys
    this situation is still live with the company
    i'll try to let you know once all done. For now, they hold their point by saing they wont reimburse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which real estate listing script is good?

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd start with Open Realty which has been around in one form or another for ages, and there are paid scripts from companies like www.interactivetools.com and www.curve2.com that I've looked at before and look really well worth the small investment.

Steve
    Web Designer or Small Business Owner?
    Need More Leads and More Clients?
    Get Free Marketing Tips, Tricks and Ideas Here!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don´t have any problem with this script. If you need install or modify´contact me. ( I don´t work with PG Real estate company)

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don't have problems with PG then you either don't run it for real or you are trying to help the developers...

Believe me it stinks and I have been doing this since 1995!