SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wordpress Expert

Hello
    I have completed (mostly) a new Wordpress site. The customer wanted a flash video of rotating quotes in the header of her site. I used a plugin called Kimili Flash Plugin to get the flash code in the sites header. The file looks ok except it somehow doubled the background header image to create a double image that is hidden behind the flash movie file. This is not a problem (it does not show) in IE, FF. However when I view the site on my iPhone the flash does not show and the double header image shows.

Any suggestions as to why this happens?

Before I put the flash file up the header had no issues.

Dotty
    http://gabrielemsmith.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    Hello
    I have completed (mostly) a new Wordpress site. The customer wanted a flash video of rotating quotes in the header of her site. I used a plugin called Kimili Flash Plugin to get the flash code in the sites header. The file looks ok except it somehow doubled the background header image to create a double image that is hidden behind the flash movie file. This is not a problem (it does not show) in IE, FF. However when I view the site on my iPhone the flash does not show and the double header image shows.

Any suggestions as to why this happens?

Before I put the flash file up the header had no issues.

Dotty
    http://gabrielemsmith.com
    Iphone does not support flash, so basically there is nothing you can do about it. You can write a script that detects iphone browser and include a different header where you would use a static image instead of the flash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am ok with the iPhone not supporting the flash. I am not ok with 2 header images. If flash is not supported there should just be a blank section where the background shows through. Why is it doubling my background header image?
    I have background-repeat: no-repeat; set already

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    I am ok with the iPhone not supporting the flash. I am not ok with 2 header images. If flash is not supported there should just be a blank section where the background shows through. Why is it doubling my background header image?
    I have background-repeat: no-repeat; set already
    Have you tested your site in Safari browser? Maybe its a Safari browser issue, not just Iphone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks fine on
    Safarri on my computer.