SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Almeaty Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or any tutorials? I've found the article of Kevin Yank. With the help of this guide I set up my database successfully and also wrote a small PHP script which fetches one cell of the database.

What I want to do now is making a script which gets the info and display them on the page. So when I type in the URL http://anything.com/anypage.php3?id=1 it should display the appropriate project from our database.

Thanks for any help and codes!

------------------
    Matthias Hagemann

Need some source code?
    icosmoss.com - The Open Source Community

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand...if you've read Kevin's article you'll see that it totally walks you through such a task...you may have to re-read parts of it, I know I did.

------------------
    Chris Bowyer chris@mycoding.com
    MyCoding.com: Visit for Launch Notification!
    DomainMailings.com: Who Says All The Good Ones Are Taken?
    MovieForums.com: Talk About Your Favorite Flicks!

Almeaty Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, this task isn't described in this article

There's something for displaying one cell (JokeText) but I would like to set up a whole page which displays all cells of my database's table. So by finding the ID it generates a dynamic page where the cell's content is shown. I often see links and URLs like: .../page.php3?id=123 also in the URL for that tutorial. This is what I want to do.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Examples of what you're after are definitely presented later in the article series; however, after finishing Part Three you should already have all the information you need.

Did you just read the JokeText example in Part Four, or have you also read Part Two, which describes the SQL commands for listing multiple columns from your table? Equipped with these two skills, it should be obvious how to do what you want.

If you really need some sample code to copy, the Challenge Solution at the end of Part Four fetches both the "ID" and "JokeText" columns from the database. Expanding this code to fetch as many columns as you want should be child's play.

------------------
    -Kevin Yank.
    http://www.SitePoint.com/
    Helping Small Business Grow Online!