SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbie: Looking for some help building a login form

Hi everybody!

I'm playing around with PHP & MySQL at the moment, and am trying to learn various ways to do things and hopefully - in time - build up an application.

What I'm trying to do (more because a mate wanted one, and I want to see how they work), is creating a login form. The form will check a database for values for username and password, and if they match the result from the login form, they'd allow you into the directory (say "admin").

Now I can create said login form to check for the variables if there is a admin/login.php form. However, any other file in the admin/ directory is visible anyway, login form or not.

Any help on how to create it (tutorials mainly) would be greatfully appreciated!

Thanks
    I'm Rhys Wynne & I blog at Winwar Media
    WP Email Capture: Free Email/Ebook Marketing Wordpress Plugin
    UK Based SEO? Tweet Your Location to #ukseohere!
    | My Brand New Brand | Twitter |

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The basic idea is to put a snippet at the top of each page you want to protect like this:

PHP Code:
    <?php
    session_start
    ();
    if (!isset(
    $_SESSION['logged_in'])) {

header("Location: login.php");
      exit;
    }
    ?>
    Your login script sets that session variable. Then any request to any protected page will redirect to the login form if the user is not logged in.