Having been an using IE8 beta for a while as part of my site testing - I test every site in the usual (FF, Safari, Chrome, IE 6, 7 and now 8) - I found to my horror that my own site (xhtml 1.0 strict and CSS 2.1 compliant) crashed IE8. After a little research I realised that it was Unordered Lists <ul> causing the problem, but to date I cannot find why.
If anyone wants to try this you can see my site at web-elegance dot co dot uk and the offending pages at /indexbak , optimisebak, and telecomsbak
In the mean time I will find another way to style the pages to get the effect I desire.
Your comments, good, bad and indifferent welcomed.