SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where do you find dedication?

Okay sometimes it can be hard to do things we want to do because of lack of dedication. I want to learn programming and need to find out how to be more dedicated. So sitepoint readers - how do you become dedicated to do certain tasks?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a hard thing to learn. You can try finding a topic that makes you feel driven or captures your interest, and use that as a spring board to dedication.

I Love Licorice silver trophybronze trophy Datura's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Find a purpose first. Then set a goal. Then dedicate yourself to reaching that goal.

You must mean it though, not just want it without the effort, no self-deception, otherwise there will be no dedication. Wishing alone will not get you any place
    Ulrike
    TUTs: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Datura View Post
    Find a purpose first. Then set a goal. Then dedicate yourself to reaching that goal.

You must mean it though, not just want it without the effort, no self-deception, otherwise there will be no dedication. Wishing alone will not get you any place
    Great post, I think this will really help me as I do feel more dedicated after finding the goals I want to achieve, thanks!

I Love Licorice silver trophybronze trophy Datura's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilipPejovski View Post
    Great post, I think this will really help me as I do feel more dedicated after finding the goals I want to achieve, thanks!
    You are welcome. There also is a nice way to keep you motivated: set yourself a serious deadline. It can be a range of time because things always interfere, but with a deadline you can keep pushing yourself. You can also talk about it with friends, that might help you if they keep asking where the work is

I am a person who works very long range, but I never lose that goal. Always pushing to learn along the way. Projects take a long time, so give that time to yourself. Be patient and kind as well to your own person. Do not let another person push you through snide remarks or their disappointment in you. Just plod along And make sure the subject matter really lights your fire so you do not get disinterested. And above all else: have fun
    Ulrike
    TUTs: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

SitePoint Enthusiast WickedGoddess's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's like this... If I really really want to get that something, I work for it very much!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have a dream and want to achieve it you will find yourself dedicating to reach it.