SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How I love LiquidWeb for dedicated hosting

I have to write this quick review after having one hell of a time installing a script on the server...

I have gotten stuck installing Joomla on a dedicated server we have with LiquidWeb. Of course, as with most scripts, whenever you run into a problem you are told it's a server config issue by the developers. So after exhausting all of my efforts on trying to adjust server settings without upsetting my other sites on the server, I finally fired off a note to LiquidWeb support asking them to double check my server settings.

Now, most hosting support departments I've dealt with in the past would have replied saying that it's set the way it's supposed to be, and that would be that. But LiquidWeb's response was to ask for the script URL after they confirmed the settings. They've gone in and tried diagnosing the script first hand and are going to try uninstalling/reinstalling to start from scatch. In my opinion, that's going above and beyond what even a full service host would be expected to do.

I've received email replies within an average of 2 hours after every question in this situation (and past situations). And if that isn't enough, their 24 hour phone support is always top notch. It's a pleasant surprise when a webmaster like myself receives such a high level of service. It's not all the time we come across people willing to go the extra mile to help us - especially without charging an arm and a leg. It's in critical times like this I am so very thankful I found LiquidWeb and plan to stick with them for quite a while. Their service has been the absolute best in the industry in my opinion.

I just had to share my experiences after going through this ordeal.

Edit: I noticed there is a Host Review forum that this might fit better in, please feel free to move the thread there.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy ldcdc's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's encouraging to hear they go above and beyond the strict hosting call. I hope they'll get to the bottom of it soon so you'll actually be able to start working on your site.
    HostPeek.com - budget hosts, compared
    CouponsNexus.com - web hosting coupons

Ultra Cheap Hosts | Web Hosting Reviews Forums

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have about 8-10 other sites on this server and I've actually installed Joomla on another site hosted on it years ago without issue, but never ended up using the script. Not sure what the problem is. But it's just good to get some real support like this.

Hopefully I can get it all worked out today and finally get to working on the site.

SitePoint Enthusiast taichimaster's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Came across this testimonial. Thanks for the info. I have been having a terrible time with Hostgator's support and backup/restore process. Liquidweb was one of the hosting services I have been looking at as a replacement. This sounds like exactly what I have been looking for. Thanks.

Rich