SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Finding End-users

Where can I find end-users to sell my quality domains to? Or is there a site to sell high quality domains without any hiccups? And does the age of the domain decide its worth? Your suggestions please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as i can see the depression/recession/credit crunch has really hit domain sales, both in terms of value and frequency.

This site or sedo.com are your best bet. And yes age can be a factor, if the domain has been in use for all that time it adds value.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where can I find end-users to sell my quality domains to? Or is there a site to sell high quality domains without any hiccups? And does the age of the domain decide its worth? Your suggestions please.
    I suppose they will find you on their own. If someone is not interested in your domain name that will be impossible to sell it at all.
    Wait or make an interest around your domain name
    Goos luck

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy linkin99's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SiberForum View Post
    I suppose they will find you on their own. If someone is not interested in your domain name that will be impossible to sell it at all.
    Wait or make an interest around your domain name
    Being proactive about it is what I recommend. Creating interest on the name you're looking to sell is what it's all about - at least in this current market anyway. Selling passively is ok, but your field of buyers is limited.

I'd recommend reading this thread about finding (and selling) to end users as a start. The main thing is, you'll typically get a better result if you do your homework and find all the potential end users who'd want your domain. Letting them come to you does put you in a better position than going to them - which is what Sedo and other similar site are there for - but you may not find all suitable buyers as most of them are probably too busy to shop for domains. Or worse, they want a name, but there are too many to choose from for yours to stand out from the crowd.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are targeting solely end users then you almost have to seek them out and contact them directly as they will not usually look in auctions and other marketplaces for domains.
    Find Keyword Domain Names easily at DomainSuperstar.com

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use domaintools to search the words in your domain name and contact any owners of any similar domain names, especially if they are inferior. Eg. I recently picked up a domain that dropped and I got for regfee called Garages Plus dot com to the owners of Garages Plus SC dot com while I have sold others to the same name with a LLC after it or Inc after it. You should also google the phrase of your domain to see if there are any potential companies that could benefit from it.

If you leave your domain sitting on the shelf at Sedo or Afternic you have a very, very small chance of selling it anytime soon unless it's super premium. If you be pro-active and start contacting companies that could benefit from it yourself then your chances greatly increase. Just make sure you ask a reasonable price rather than some ridiculous price that a crazy appraisal program gave you.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy linkin99's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiedomainer View Post
    If you leave your domain sitting on the shelf at Sedo or Afternic you have a very, very small chance of selling it anytime soon unless it's super premium. If you be pro-active and start contacting companies that could benefit from it yourself then your chances greatly increase. Just make sure you ask a reasonable price rather than some ridiculous price that a crazy appraisal program gave you.
    Great advice! I totally agree. Being proactive is the way to go right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by linkin99 View Post
    Being proactive about it is what I recommend. Creating interest on the name you're looking to sell is what it's all about - at least in this current market anyway. Selling passively is ok, but your field of buyers is limited.

I'd recommend reading this thread about finding (and selling) to end users as a start. The main thing is, you'll typically get a better result if you do your homework and find all the potential end users who'd want your domain. Letting them come to you does put you in a better position than going to them - which is what Sedo and other similar site are there for - but you may not find all suitable buyers as most of them are probably too busy to shop for domains. Or worse, they want a name, but there are too many to choose from for yours to stand out from the crowd.
    maybe you are right. But as rule people run out of the time and that passive way might give a sale as well