SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Twitter Site Integration with Wordpress??

I am starting a site (wordpress based )and I want to know is their any modules or widgets already out before learning how to code it into my site that would let a user login their twitter account on my site and upload a badge that would then be reflected on their actual twitter profile...on the twitter.com domain. I heard their were some issues with having users login on other sites with Twitter not liking and it possibly being a security risk, but I wouldn't actually store any logins or passwords. They would have to login that one time to get that badge and thats it.

Any points in the right direction or maybe another forum section this should be in I looked over before posting.

Any help thanks

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Twitter Site Login Integration with Wordpress??

I am starting a site (wordpress based )and I want to know is their any modules or widgets already out before learning how to code it into my site that would let a user login their twitter account on my site and upload a badge that would then be reflected on their actual twitter profile...on the twitter.com domain. I heard their were some issues with having users login on other sites with Twitter not liking and it possibly being a security risk, but I wouldn't actually store any logins or passwords. They would have to login that one time to get that badge and thats it.

Any points in the right direction or maybe another forum section this should be in I looked over before posting.

Any help thanks

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could somebody atleast reply..lol. Point me in some direction
    Thanks

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks like there are many tools for what you are trying to do. just pick the one that suits your needs.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/....php?q=twitter

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scannon View Post
    looks like there are many tools for what you are trying to do. just pick the one that suits your needs.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/....php?q=twitter
    I look through them none of them seem to be what I'm looking for. What I'm speaking of would require a users twitter name and password, but it wouldn't be saved. You would then choose the badge and click update and it would automatically apply the badge to your profile. You would then be logged out upon leaving the site. Any help? Twitter is Ruby on Rails right? Would this be something I would need to code myself or any help with a programmer that could get the job done maybe?

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so nobody else knows anything??...please any help.
    thanks

SQL Consultant gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    please don't post the same thread in multiple forums -- that just makes more work for the moderators to merge them all together again, and furthermore, it leads to confusion if multiple threads have received replies, as then in the merged thread the replies are all chronologically interleaved, and you can't tell who responded to whom

also, please read our FAQ in regard to bumping which is not allowed (plus, you gotta allow at least 24 hours anyway, as half the world is actually asleep when you post your question)

thanks

rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL
    "giving out my real stuffs"

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r937 View Post
    please don't post the same thread in multiple forums -- that just makes more work for the moderators to merge them all together again, and furthermore, it leads to confusion if multiple threads have received replies, as then in the merged thread the replies are all chronologically interleaved, and you can't tell who responded to whom

also, please read our FAQ in regard to bumping which is not allowed (plus, you gotta allow at least 24 hours anyway, as half the world is actually asleep when you post your question)

thanks

You're right I thought that probably had something to do with it..being Sunday and all..lol I just never sleep. Thanks. I won't do it again

In memoriam gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Schulz View Post
    Almost there, but not quite. I actually had found those links prior to posting on this forum. None of them actually lets users login to their twitter accounts on your site and change anything from there...

Is there anything like that? or would I just need to get it coded?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never seen a plugin that would let you do that. If it's to add something to their actual twitter profile (background image?) I think you'll need to do some custom programming even if you found a plugin to do the login side of things... sounds like you'd have to make your own plugin for this. The twitter API is pretty well documented though.