SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wordpress Processes Html within Html Code Box

I've tried everything from using a site to change the html entities into ASCII basically </br> to gt: or however it goes that worked sort of, but not fully (parts of the myspace theme were stripped out). Basically I have an affiliate site and in order to drive more traffic back to the site I've created myspace layouts and use html area boxes and div boxes on pages for users to copy the layout codes to paste on their myspace pages, but for some reason wordpress changes </br> to </p> and also when changed to ASCII it changes :;} to page breaks (</br>) so either way I'm f'd . Any help?

Here is an example below:
    http://www.celebrityclothingstore.co...yspace-layout/

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, go into your settings and turn off "WordPress should correct invalidly nested XHTML automatically".

Then get the WP Unformatted plugin.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Grossman View Post
    First, go into your settings and turn off "WordPress should correct invalidly nested XHTML automatically".

Thanks I'm going to try that...after doing that..do I need to put the <code></code> tags on the html side of the editing?

thanks again.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just checked "WordPress should correct invalidly nested XHTML automatically". and it was already turned off..so I'm going to download the plugin and see what happens.

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure to read the instructions, the plugin doesn't do anything by just activating it. If you enable both features on a post, anything you type in the post body is essentially raw HTML. You can use &lt;, &gt;, etc, but you'll also need your own <br>'s to put line breaks in your text and such.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure to read the instructions, the plugin doesn't do anything by just activating it. If you enable both features on a post, anything you type in the post body is essentially raw HTML. You can use &lt;, &gt;, etc, but you'll also need your own <br>'s to put line breaks in your text and such.
    Okay thanks..I saw that in the readme section of the plugin...