SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Motherboard & Processor for Video works

HI,

I need a suggestion regarding Motherboard & Processor for Video Editing & Video/Graphics related work.
    Currently I've Asus M2NPV VM motherboard. Is there any other motherboard which can deliver more efficiency in this work?

Thanks

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Crazybanana's Avatar
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    well, I've been working with video (home movie and movie for the web) over 10 yrs now, and in my opinion the biggest limitation is the users skill.

master your software and you can do quite amazing things with even cheap software.
    but of course processor speed and processor bus speed, amount of memory and hard drive speed is often the bottlenecks of the computer. it consumes a lot of memory to work with video.
    Who's to doom when the judge himself is dragged before the bar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes I agree with u crazybanana.
    But sometimes PC hangs and restarts automatically due to work load & warming up.
    There is a PC for video/graphics work, but I forgot wat was that...

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Crazybanana's Avatar
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    to have a computer suited my needs, I build it myself.

but if it hangs and restart it can be because it's too weak processor and not enough ram, and on top of this not enough air flow throught the cabinet.. (too few fans, and maybe too small)

in the cabinet of this computer I have 4 120mm fans and 1 80mm.
    1 zalman ultraquiet CPU cooler, and the GFX card has it's own cooler.. cooling is very important, but that goes for CPU power, ram and hdd too. another of my puters I build with a sunbeam cooling system with 7 fans in the cabinet and a zalman CPU cooler and sunbeam fan control to control 4 of the cabinet fans and the CPU fan.

to do video you need speed and power, but you'll also need a good cooling system if you handle big files.
    Who's to doom when the judge himself is dragged before the bar

Follow: @AlexDawsonUK silver trophybronze trophy AlexDawson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yvv47 View Post
    Currently I've Asus M2NPV VM motherboard. Is there any other motherboard which can deliver more efficiency in this work?
    When you are working with graphics, the motherboard and the processor have little impact on this (except for the speed of rendering), if you want to really improve your performance with working with graphics, buy a dedicated graphics / video card rather than using the one built into your computers motherboard as onboard graphics and audio are often of average quality at best.