SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need a little insight

I am helping someone who is trying to decide whether to buy a site or not..he has sent me all the information from the man who is selling whose name is "Frank".

The site for sale is iamafakename . com ..... claiming to make 3,000 a month in revenue through clickbank....

In my search of whois I find a man named "Joe" is the registered owner of the website above....

Digging further I find a website called .iamaduplicateoffakename . com which is an EXACT duplicate of the site for sale....and the registrant of THAT domain is the guy Frank who is selling the site....

I know this might be confusing....dont want to use real names....but doesnt this seem weird?!?!?!? The guy frank is from Russia....the guy Joe, from USA......

Should my friend just stay away from this?!?!

ETA: just typed in testimonials page to copyscape and it returned about 11 duplicate websites...exact duplicates....do sites like this ever make sense to buy? Also, is there a way to verify clickbank sales since I know there is software now that easily allows them to change these numbers-how can one be sure about the sales....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not an expert at this stuff but my intuition is telling me to run away!
    Affiliates: Easy point & Click Website Building Software

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is my gut instinct too...but this guy provided him with some great numbers so I am just tyring to be diligent and get the most accurate info. for him...thank you for concurring with my gut though!!!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ask to remote into his computer and watch him as he signs in to his clickbank account and shows you the earnings. Thats the only way to be sure.

But yeah this deal sounds dodgy
    eCommerce Economy - learn how to create and grow successful ecommerce businesses and join the ecommerce economy