SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot bizboostdesign's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how can i make a complex beveled shape in psp7

how could i make something like the blue shape here in psp7. I need to know how to make the shape and the bevel.

PS: i hope you don't mind geiger, this is just an example, i don't wanna copy it or anything
    Zing Dev! Webdesign and Graphics Firm, coming soon!
    Idoogle.com's Message Boards!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the shape is quite easy to make, just create a layer and use the "selection" tool to select area's and then use the flood tool to fill them in. for the outer circles create a new layer and use the shape tool to draw a new circle, cut this into 4 quarters and move each quarter into its respective position, now go back to layer 1 and use the eraser on each corner so the edge of the circle can be seen.

For the inner circles, start again on a new layer, and draw a rectangle. then set the "selection" tool to circle and draw a circle within the rectangle, hit delete and you have a rectangle with a hole in the middle, cut the rectangle up so you have 4 sqauars with a portion of the circle taking up each corner and move each one to where its meant to be.

thats pretty much how the blue bit is done. now what you will need to do is merge (layers > Merge > visible) the layers so the image is flat.

Now for the bevel its just a case of going effects > 3d effects > innerbevel >
    here you will really have to experiment to get the right effect, but to get you roughly in the right direction.. softness should be at 100, depth at 2-5, width at 1, and the rest is for you to experiment with
    Last edited by iTec; May 26, 2002 at 13:24.

SitePoint Zealot bizboostdesign's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats quite simple! Thanks
    Zing Dev! Webdesign and Graphics Firm, coming soon!
    Idoogle.com's Message Boards!!!!!